Hello, again fellow Readers!
I was nominated by Aditi from ‘Dreamy Reads‘ for the Bloggers Recognition Award! Thank you very much for the nomination, it’s very appreciated! Please have a look around her blog, it’s lovely!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a brief story about how your blog began
- Provide two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers
- Select 4 blogs to nominate
- Comment on each nominees blog and provide a link to the post that you created about the award
How my Blog Began:
Going off my very first post on this blog I officially started in August of 2015. This whole blogging thing was something that I had been considering doing for a while as I was very into the whole idea of becoming a book blogger or YouTuber. I wanted to create something to express my love for reading and gain some friends from it and found that WordPress was a wonderful platform to do this on since I didn’t need to show my face like you would have to in YouTube videos. I started out this blog with a lot of nerves, and my first ever blog post did okay which gave me the confidence to keep going. When I first started I didn’t think that I would love this blog and blogging as much as I do, yes there are some things that need to be done and that I need to learn, but this process has been so fun and rewarding.
I’m not too sure if I should even be giving advice for bloggers considering this poor thing has been left to fend for itself a few times over the years, but I have learnt a few things along the way that I think could be helpful.
- having an idea of what you want to post on your blog before you start is a great place to start. Writing down all your ideas and the things that you want to do is important. During my time with this blog, there have been multiple times where I have been a bit lost with what to post that want a book review. Having an idea of this before and writing it down is a great way to start.
- Communication is key. Being able to communicate with other people through their blogs is a great way to start making friends and become a part of the community. If people know that the person behind the blog is nice and welcoming, people will be more likely to stop by and participate in your posts.
- Being yourself is very important. We all have quirks and things that make us unique and letting these things shine through your blog and your writing is the best thing you can do. You are original, and therefore you will bring originality to the community through your opinions.
- Post scheduling is your friend. Create as many great posts as you can and schedule them, doing this has saved me so many times throughout the years and gave me time to write and read more.
For this award, I am going to nominate the following bloggers:
Kelsey from The Pleasures of Books
Thank you again for nominating me Aditi!